Sunday, September 13, 2015

Memory Project Progress #1

Saturday, September 12, 2015:
With my list of the people the Life Gems were going to be for written down, I called my family and asked others in person about their favorite color and ideal gem shape. I was glad to know that everyone, including myself, had a different style they saw. After that, I proceeded to attempt to sketch the shape of each life gem. Sadly, I don't have my brother's and am still thinking about one other.



Sunday, September 13, 2015:
My main focus for today was trying to create some experiment designs of gemstones on Maya as to practice a bit on getting the shape down. I worked to try and create a 3D modeled gemstone on Maya with the research I had acquired. It took a couple of hours, but I got a structure that started to resemble a gemstone which was a big step up. Once after, I worked more trying to make different shapes and edges on the gemstones themselves. After a bit of a break, I worked again getting even more variety in shape and size. I don't have the hang of some shapes yet, such as the emerald or the cut oval, but I'm hoping to ask for some advice on that in class tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment